Monday, December 10, 2007

Mistakes

A lot of mistakes made last week. Wouldn't be touching on the small little trades, more on the bigger trades.

I had shorted a total of 1.55 lots on GBP/JPY with an average price of 225.20. Don't ask me how I ended up risking so much, simply because of greed.

The t/p at 222.00 didn't work out, lowest was at around 223.77, and prices didn't look back since then.

Charts had indicated rebounds coming up, I was in a way, prepared for a rebound. But, not so much of a rebound until it seems like a countertrend already.

Lesson learnt for the week: Traders are short-term, don't bother holding on to a trade for more than 2 days.

Because of this "big" trade which I was looking out for, I had definitely missed out a lot of other so-called "smaller opportunities" which I had confident of.

This week would be a pretty busy week, so I guess not so much trading would be taking place yea?

Events to look out for would be interest rates statement from Fed. I'm thinking of how to position myself for this tomorrow, or should I just position myself today.

No comments: